Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


A Random Memory by Heather: I once worked as a journalist for a local paper. It was my job to write reports for the town of Rosenort. My first week on the job I was thrown into a Provincial-wide News bite when a local man's dog pulled a decaying man's arm up from the river. I was second on the scene, and was surrounded by TV News teams, and forensic scientists. Lucky for me, I had a friend who was a camera man for one of the local TV stations, and he introduced me to the News anchor, who got us in "behind the scenes". Kelly Dehn was there too! It was a pretty awesome start to a rather lousy career as a journalist. I even got the front page of the paper that week! Eventually they found an entire body of man by the river, who was dumped there after being murdered by his buddy in a drunken rage. Anyway, just a quick Heather Memory for ya.

9 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Darlene Schacht

    Wow, I wonder if my niece was connected to that. Her boyfriend and his friend found a body in the river, and they weren't allowed to say anything about it for a while. It was a murder investigation. Man this is a small world. Who knows, it could be. I didn't know that you were such a big star, lol.

    On another note, I feel like a doorbell because I didn't add you to my blogroll untill just today. I thought you were on there.  

  2. # Blogger Erin

    Whoa. That's quite a story!  

  3. # Blogger Unknown

    Trust me, Heath.


    Journalism isn't all it;s cracked up to be. It's probably one of the only businesses where you are rewarded when you are about to leave your company.  

  4. # Blogger Heather

    A.Run - I just hated the part where I had to call people to get details about bad events, such as car accidents and deaths. I just felt like it was so inconsiderate to have to call them during those trying times and push for details to write about. Ick. I decided it wasn't for me.  

  5. # Blogger Ang

    I've been meaning to ask what happened to that gig?  

  6. # Blogger Heather

    Ang - see above comment.  

  7. # Blogger Janelle

    i always had a dream to be a journalist...but i decided to get married instead. though dead people in rivers would make for very interesting days!  

  8. # Blogger Heather

    Interesting indeed!  

  9. # Blogger Elizabeth

    I can't write or deal with finding dismembered limbs so I'd be in big trouble as a journalist.  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health