Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Our prosaic weekend proved to be "just what the doctor ordered". I spent Friday evening at Robin's together with Amber, Rebekah, and Terrilee. We just sat around and talked, and it was great! I gave Rebekah a ride home, and we ended up in a great heart-to-heart on her driveway for another half an hour before I finally went home to bed.

On Saturday Ryan and I literally vegged out! We did absolutely nothing productive all day, except take turns making tea and passing the Kleenex box. We were both ill. I did end up watching a number of movies that I really enjoyed. I saw "Something's Gotta Give", "Finding Neverland" and "Hide and Seek". Ryan watched a lot of Olympics, and a few movies of his own. I did find enough ambition to put beef stew in my slow cooker - so by 6:30 we had a nice beef stew supper with Bisquick dumplings. Apparently my dumplings need work - but it was my first try at them.

Sunday morning was equally uneventful, as we both slept in until about 11:00 a.m. The rest of the day was similar to Saturday, lots of T.V., nose blowing, sneezing, tea drinking, coughing and cuddling. I was able to eventually get motivated enough to shower, and Ryan eventually followed suit. I called my sister-in-law Ang, and had a long and wonderful talk with her in the late afternoon. I sound like Krystle when I say she is so nice to talk to on the phone. I just love Ang, and I'm so thankful to have her as my one and only "sister". We chatted about all kinds of things, from our hubbies, to colds, to babies to friends. I miss them so much. We watched more movies, "Tomorrow Never Dies" and "Bourne Identity". Ryan and I then ended up going for Chinese with his parents for supper, and then home to bed.

Tonight our plan is much the same, make a simple supper (looks like it will be spaghetti with meat sauce, caesar salad from a bag, and garlic toast), and cuddle up on the couch until bed time.

4 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    oooo...sounds like a good time.

    Oh but guess what? Me and the Queen had a FREE WEEKEND!

    JUst US..NO KIDS!!!!!!!!!

    YES. We are looking forward to that again. I been looking forward to walking around naked and using the bathroom with the door open!

    maybe that was tmi  

  2. # Blogger Darlene Schacht

    Did you know that Amber lives on my friends street? What a small world. I'm sorry that you were ill, but being ill slows us down at least so we can catch up on movies!  

  3. # Blogger Ang

    Oh you, "I just love" you too Heathcliff!  

  4. # Blogger Heather

    Darlene - who is your friend? Not too many people live on that street!  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health