Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


I'd say on an average day spent at work I probably type in about 100 email addresses. I change people's email addresses on their business cards, letterhead and brochures. I add new email addresses, I change the old ones. I type them in to send customers their proofs. I type them in to ask customers questions. I look at them all day long. Email address, after email address, after email address. At the end of the day, I don't know what I've typed, to whom, about what. All the emails blend into one - was it .net? .org? .ca? .com? I can't remember. If I didn't put in the correct extension on their card, I didn't notice - they all start to look the same, and they never look incorrect. That's why I get really pissed off when I have to be sympathetic to a customer who ordered business cards, for which I typed in the incorrect extension on their email address, and then sent them a proof, that they approve, and we print the cards - incorrectly. I get the blame for the mistake. I feel badly about it. I call the customer and sympathetically apologize for my mistake (I always genuinely feel bad). However, it never seems to occur to customers that maybe I deserve some sympathy too. I send them a proof to put fresh eyes on my work. I ask them to sign it - but it never fails - we are still always to blame. I know it is like this in almost every different type of business. Today it just needed to be released.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health