Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


This past week I accomplished another item off my "True Mennonite" list. To date, I have accomplished making buns from scratch, making cottage cheese perogies from scratch, perfecting my schmonte phat (cream gravy) recipe, and making amazing ginger snaps. A few things I have yet to stroke off the list are to make plume mousse (plum pudding), learn to knit/crochet, learn to quilt, make my dad's favourite Easter fruit/rice salad, make perishke (farmer sausage buns). Anyway, this week's accomplishment was homemade chicken noodle soup. It turned out great, and I threw in my grandma's homemade noodles to top it off!

8 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Ang

    Obut, wot about Roll Kuchen?!  

  2. # Blogger Krystle

    Does this mean Ang tags me, cause' I'm feeling a tad left out???  

  3. # Blogger andrew + camille

    oy vey!! all i've done is the easy apple crisp and that's not even menno! you are my menspiration! ha ha...tha was weiird....  

  4. # Blogger Christine

    I have to admit, I have been lurking on both of your blogs. It is neat to read about all these people from Rosenort, because my mom grew up in Rosenort. Not that I know a single person there, but it is fun to read about them. You are definitly a better mennonite than me. I have got the schmonte phat down and I have done the chicken noodle soup, but that is about it. My grandma always make the best perishke in the world, so for now I will just enjoy hers.  

  5. # Blogger Unknown

    I feel so left out. What is a mennonite? It is like a canaanite?  

  6. # Blogger Heather

    A.Run - HA! That cracks me up! Here is a website that gives a great outline as to who us Mennonites are. http://www.mhsc.ca/ If you click on the top where it says "Who are the Mennonites?" there are bunch of links along the right hand side that will answer all your questions much better than I probably ever could.  

  7. # Blogger Heather

    Krystle - consider yourself tagged!  

  8. # Blogger Janelle

    ok, i'm TOTALLY moving into your place. i can't let Rod read this post or he'll move out too! i can't even make Kraft Dinner - and here you are - super Menno cook. it all sounds amazing, and that made me smile that you have a Menno list! way to go babe!  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health