Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Do you ever get a shopping craving? Sometimes (to my husband's dismay) I just get a strong urge to have something NEW. It doesn't really matter what it is, although clothes are always great. Sometimes just a new toothbrush helps to curb the craving. Today is one of those days for me. I would just love to hop in my car, cruise to the city and hit the mall - and of course, with a never-ending credit line on the credit card. I wonder what it is about having something new that makes me crave it so? Am I that materialistic? Do I base my self-worth on the clothes I'm wearing? Why do I feel like I need to own something new? I'd like to hear your ideas on this one.

4 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    Well,

    Speaking as a husband, you're just being a wife. We love you guys tho.  

  2. # Blogger Janelle

    i don't think it's anything super serious or philisophical (sp?). I think that's just how you enjoy yourself...you have fun doing that & as long as you keep it within reason...i think that's just fine!!!  

  3. # Blogger Nin

    I've struggled with needing to curb my spending habits. It's all about moderation. I used to get those cravings all the time, I think when it gets to that point, you need to ask yourself if you're fulfilling something with your own personal drug.
    But I also believe this is how women were designed. There's something in us that likes buying things for our homes, or buying things to make us look nicer for our hubbys, like clothes or makeup, or plenty and plenty of shoes lol.
    The Bible says that everything is permissible, but not everything is benificial. So if you're racking up a huge bill and putting financial stress on your hubby, or finding that you're shopping whenever you have a bad day instead of taking it up to God, then it doesn't sound too benificial. Otherwise, go hard! Us women need to shop. :)
    (there's my dr. Laura answer for the day)  

  4. # Blogger Janelle

    tag! you're it!  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health