Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


I've chosen to tackle Jeremy Hiebert's top ten list suggestion. I chose his as my starting point, because I've contemplated what these reasons are many times over. I think I have my list memorized.

Top Ten Reasons to Choose to Live in Southern Manitoba

10. A hot cup of tea on a cold, blustery winter evening, stuck inside the house, with Christmas lights reflecting off the sparkling snow
9. Wereniki, Schmondt, and the like
8. Sunsets
7. Sunflower, Flax and Canola fields in bloom
6. Fall colours
5. Canoiing on the Morris River
4. Low property tax
3. Cost of living
2. Friendly neighbours, waving at every car that passes you on the road...
1. And the number one reason to choose to live in Southern Manitoba... FAMILY

10 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Ang

    heey, jer stole my idea! I basically knew what you'd say though i wasn't expecting your #2 reason. I was totally wierded out by the waving on my last visit, it was like What are you doing, don't look at me!
    My next idea was 10 reasons why Ang should spend $19 on Billy Blanks new Ultimate Boot Camp dvd?
    But it's too late, damage done, and the coffee table has been permenately removed from the livingroom for this great cause.  

  2. # Blogger Jeremy

    Ok, I'm honored that Ang wanted to steal my idea, and you took a good shot at it...but seriously, at least six of your reasons aren't unique to southern Manitoba. It's not "10 reasons you like your life" (although that might be a fine list too). Hot tea, wereniki, sunsets, low property taxes, and fall colours would probably be just as nice on a cold evening in Whitehorse.

    So I challenge you to amend your list to only include things that are uniquely great about our homeland. That means #7, 5, 2 and 1 get to stay...maybe #3, too, although I might quibble with that one.  

  3. # Blogger Ang

    I should have added that I appreciated the friendly hand gestures after getting used to them, back in the day...
    And seeing as it was originally my idea, my comment is that it would be fine if your list was solely made up of the names of the people that hold your heart in Rosenort. (And cost of living, and the newly reno'd house for pete's sake!)
    Okay i'm done harrassing you, just fool'n around. Maybe i should fool around on my own blog on of these days.  

  4. # Blogger Heather

    Man, tough crowd! I'll have to take some more time to think it through.  

  5. # Blogger Krystle

    You guys make my days at work so much shorter.

    Its Friday YAY!!  

  6. # Blogger Krystle

    I noticed the time says 116 when I just posted...I was WOW, but then I looked at the clock here and its onlt 1116...grrr!!  

  7. # Blogger Krystle

    I noticed the time says 116 when I just posted...I was WOW, but then I looked at the clock here and its onlt 1116...grrr!!  

  8. # Blogger Krystle

    Heather I would understand if you told me "Never to post a comment on your blog again. SORRY!!  

  9. # Blogger Heather

    Yes Krystle, please don't ever post on my blog again. :) Hahahaha!  

  10. # Blogger Jeremy

    I see that my challenge has been ignored. It's probably for the better, as I should have put more disclaimers in there about sharing a love of the prairies...  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health