Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Matt's U2 story...

"Ok I'll try to make this long story short. Ok so I almost got a ticket from Cesar that was leftover but as it turned out that one was sold. The cheapest tickets were going for $180 US. So Mercedes (very sweet) decided, against my will, to sell her ticket to one of Pam's friends so she could be with me. We decided to go to the concert and see if we could get lucky somehow and get in. And that we did!!!!! I had very little hope of getting in, but Mercedes still had faith. We were standing for a while outside the building and Mercedes miraculously said "let's walk a little". So we walked around the Stadium looking at some t-shirts and U2 merchandise, when a non-Mexican guy (probably an American), with an official outfit approaches us (US!! there were 100s of people and he came to us), he asked if we spoke english and if we would like to get into the concert, Mercedes belts out "YES!!". So he said "ok, we are looking for people to help out with the gates for a little while and after that you'll get a free t-shirt and a wristband for the concert. Naturally we said ok. As it turned out this guy worked for U2 and probably liked that I looked "Gringo". So Mercedes, myself, a guy from Scotland, and 2 other girls got these jobs. The job was to hold a plastic bag, and the ticket guys would put the tickets in them, THAT was IT!!! So after standing for 2 hours holding a bag and practicing my spanish with the locals, our U2 "boss" came and gave us free official U2 Tour t-shirts (worth $40 in Canada) as well as free wrist bands. Mercedes and I missed the first song (but they played the same song at the end of the show anyway), we got the BEST, I repeat THE BEST seats in the stadium!! Right beside the stage. These seats were selling on ebay for upwards of $400 US!!! So we got to see the show and it was amazing and free!!!! So that was our adventure yesterday. The funny part is Mercedes made money on that concert as well as getting a free shirt, and I got a free shirt. So that could not have gone any better! Maybe Mercedes and I deserved it? That's what her parents thought. For the record U2 concerts in Canada are generally above $85 cheapest, so I'm really happy. "

Matt, I'm still totally jealous. You'd better bring me a cool souvenir from Monterrey.

2 Responses to “”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    heather/matt:
    okay that is a great story, are you sure you didn't buy it off of ebay? the boys back here are sure going to be jealous!
    TRACY  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I was there... it was all real!!! I'm a witness!!! The concert was awesome... even though the weather was super cold (or at least for Regios) the music and the spectacle were AMAZING!!! U2 for free and Matthew in Monterrey... PRICELESS!!! :)  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health