Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Well, it was another busy, but relaxing weekend for us. On Friday evening we enjoyed another buffet supper at our favourite Chinese restaurant. The rest of the evening was spent in front of the tube, as we practiced our couch potato routine - which is simply an act of taking turns making a new pot of tea.

On Saturday I spent the morning doing my usual house cleaning duties. It was a beautiful day, and the lovely sunshine soon had the house toasty warm. In the afternoon, my cousins Patrick and Ang, and their 3 month old son Jonathon came to visit. Ryan and I much enjoyed their company, and we had a great time. I made a gourmet supper of spaghetti with sesame peanut sauce, teriyaki chicken and red bell peppers. A nice way to end a Saturday night.

Sunday we went to church at the arena - as it was RFC's Family Picnic Sunday. We enjoyed listening to Tyler Pelke (husband to Jennifer Friesen) speak, as he relayed the story of a tragedy that occured about 15 years ago in small town Manitoba (Altona, for those of you Manitoba / former Manitoban readers). He and his best friend Curt (ages 14 & 15 at the time) were home alone, when a kid from their school showed up - dressed all in black. A very long, and interesting story made short - the kid had a gun, separated Tyler and Curt into two rooms, abused them, and eventually slit their throats and lit them on fire. Curt unfortunately did not make it, but Tyler was able to escape, and survived the attack. Just two years ago Tyler was able to confront his attacker in prison, and talk to him. He has since forgiven the guy, and is now using his story as a means for motivational speaking, and sharing his faith. He really was inspirational, and if you ever have a chance to hear him speak - do it! We had lunch at the arena, and then headed out to Winnipeg to a "Super Bowl Party" at Jeremy and Bonnie's. We had a fabulous time there. I got to spend a good portion of my time there reading to Gina, and playing with her many thousands of toys.

And thus, the weekend concluded and we are now back into another week at work. Ryan has been pretty bummed about work lately, so I am hoping and praying that this week will offer him some hope. My parents and my brother are all leaving for Mexico this week - so it will probably be a little quieter around our place for the next couple of weeks.

5 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Amber

    Wow, the story of what happened in Altona gave me chills...even just the short version. Sounds like it would have been a very interesting message to hear!

    No vacation to Mexico for you & Ryan with your family? I guess you can't be away alllll winter!! ;)  

  2. # Blogger Elizabeth

    This comment has been removed by the author.  

  3. # Blogger Heather

    Amber - Some day we will go to Mexico with my family. For now the free vacation is all we can afford. :)

    Lesa - I definately thought of you and Ang when I heard Tyler's story. He'd probably love to hear from you.  

  4. # Blogger Brandi

    Wow that is freaky - I remember hearing that as a slumber party "scary story" from Nicole one night when I was staying at her place in Altona when I was little. I never actually knew if it was true or not until now.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Heather... This is Tyler.. I was just doing some maintaince on my site and noticed a comment here form Lesa... That would be Lesa Fehr?? tell her i said hey!! She can find me through my site if she wants!! Merry Xmas  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health