Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


I can say with honesty that I have never really had any desire to idolize any particular celebrity. Sure, sure - some are good in certain movies, or have moments where one might think "Wow, she is beautiful" or "He's got great arms". None of these moments, however, have lead me to believe that I am destined to be with one of these people, or that I need to follow them everywhere they might go, collect pictures of them, and hope for the grand prize of their autograph. Never mind meeting them in person, where I might fall at their knees and weep with joy at having met this god of a fellow human being. No, I just have never felt like that.

The closest to celebrity worship that I've ever come to dates back to my years as a full time "Full House" watcher. I thought Candace Cameron was so beautiful. I was even in her fan club.

After that, my interest turned to a normal teenage hormnal-imbalanced liking to Teemu Selanne, then of the Winnipeg Jets. I had a little bit of a scrap book going on with newspaper clippings. He was sort of cute, foreign with an accent, and successful. What was not to like?

But, after watching Oprah last night, I think I've become an official fan of someone else. It's funny, because this actor tends to remind me of Ryan in some ways. I couldn't help to think that he was a little dreamy, and he was also intelligent and at times profound. I don't know that I would have voted him to be the "Sexiest Man Alive 2005" - Ryan wins that one hands-down, but he isn't too shabby looking. He also bears the name of one of my favourite people. Meet Matthew McConaughey...

10 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Jeremy

    No matter what roles he takes now, I struggle to think of McConaughey as anyone other than Wooderson in Dazed and Confused. I loved him in that...so many choice quotes.  

  2. # Blogger andrew + camille

    hmmm....i definitely agree on this one. He is just so ....manly!!
    my fave is definitely how to lose a guy!  

  3. # Blogger Janelle

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

  4. # Blogger Janelle

    oh my gosh - are you my twin? seriously - were we seperated at birth? we should really check into that.
    Candace Cameron - used to be my nickname because I looked just like her and adored her!
    Teemu Selanne - my favorite number is still 13 (no one understands it - but they never loved Teemu), I had dozens of posters & newspaper clippings everywhere of Teemu. Obsessed.
    Matthew - other than my husband (and Darcy Tucker) I don't think there is a more beautiful, sexy, strong man in the whole world. I would LOVe to meet him. Ok, I'd probably cry & act like an idiot...but he sure is gorgeous.
    I feel like I could have written your post - totally freaky.  

  5. # Blogger Heather

    Janelle - that is CRAZY! Hahaha! I can see how you might have been a Candace look-a-like. Teemu is worthy of some sort of fan club. I too was a big #13 buff - wore it throughout high school sports. Then met Ryan who was a #14, and sort of gave up the #13 for #14. Matthew M. is totally dreamy. Can't wait for his next film, of course, I can't remember what it's called.  

  6. # Blogger Ang

    Why does he give me eeby jeebies?
    Yes, this coming from a girl who worships Toby Maguire (not so much the Seabiscuit role, or Cider House, or Wonder Boys...). K, maybe it's a Spidey thing, but all the same! Attractions are an interesting phenominonimnom.  

  7. # Blogger Heather

    The eeby jeebies? Ang, sister, friend - tell me that you don't swoon just a little when you look at that face?!  

  8. # Blogger Unknown

    Heath,

    I swear I look just like Matthew McConaughy only African American, way shorter hair, little bit of a gut and if I were laying on that couch, I'd be sleep.  

  9. # Blogger Heather

    A. Run - just one more reason to meet you some time! Ha! Ha!  

  10. # Blogger Ang

    I'm seeing zero personality and his looks aren't compensating for it. Maybe I need to see Dazed and Confused again...  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health