Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Can you keep a secret? I'm just asking, because what I'm about to tell you is sort of embarassing. But admitting you have a problem is one step in the right direction, right?

I am a Cyber Schizophrenic.

Lately I've been... here's the embarassing part... using various screen names on my posts depending on the type of post I leave.

The Personas:

Myself - here I use my own name, and link to my blog. The posts I leave as Myself are usually jovial and encouraging posts. I always use Myself on friends' and families' blogs.

The Politic - here I usually use the screen name Politcal Girl (just to sound official), or something of the like. I don't know a lot about politics, but when someone gets all 'governmental' on their blog, I'll usually say something about it. Generally, my comments are not very supportive in this arena. I usually don't link these ones to my site.

The Aggressor - here I usually post anonymously, because I am cowardly, and fear the repercussions I'd receive on my own blog if I linked it. The Aggressor comes out on a lot of issues, and usually expresses a view that is not accepted by the majority of the public. Generally, when the Aggressor leaves a post, it starts something - negative. And that's where my Cyber Schizophrenia gets weird...

The Peace Maker - here I usually post as Myself or as another made-up screen name, like "Ashley Rose". Something nice, and calming. This persona will come out when the posts get heated after The Agressor has been in action. The Peace Maker will usually say something that is in support of both parties, and in a sense makes me feel less guilty about making someone angry. Yes, at times I post in opposition of my own previous posting on the same blog. In a word, nutcase.

So, I'm thinking this is probably not a great idea, and I should probably stop really soon. What is worse than standing up for what you believe, and not even having the guts to show your name? I think that admitting my problem here has helped me to realize that it needs to stop. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know my progress.

4 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Ang

    what about "Heather and Friends", you gonna come clean on that one too?  

  2. # Blogger Heather

    THAT WAS NOT ME!!! :)  

  3. # Blogger Jason

    I was many different people on the internet for more than 10 years... Just recently I decided it was okay if a Google search for "Jason St. Pierre" actually brought up my name. The stealth mode could've been because of what I was doing at the time, I don't know.  

  4. # Blogger Elizabeth

    Glad you announced this. Now I'll know what's shakin' when someone signs off on my blog as "Rose N. Ort" or something anonymous like that.  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health