Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Spoiled

Can anyone tell me if this is at all what it's like to be a parent?

I was on my way home from work on Tuesday when I found an adorable kitty on the highway. Being rush hour, I figured I'd better save her. I picked her up and took her home.

Ryan and I already have one cat. "Puss" is about four years old, and he's a big kitty. Last time we weighed him he was nearing the 20lb mark. He is very attached to us, and has an attitude as big as he is. I knew the new kitty, Little Puss, wouldn't go over well, but she was soooooo cute!

Puss handled it pretty well. Lucky for Little Puss, she is small, and she is female - so Puss doesn't feel quite as protective of his territory as he might with a large, male cat. Little Puss tried to play with Puss, but Puss just ignored her. It was quite funny to watch her attack his tail!

Anyway, I thought it would be so nice to have two cats. However, it didn't take long until I realized that this new little kitty has a very different personality than our older cat. Little Puss meows - A LOT. She thinks she needs to eat every second, and particularly when we are eating. When she does finally settle down to eat, she won't eat out of her own bowl - she has to eat out of Puss' bowl. And Puss is not thrilled about that.

Little Puss plays a lot, and it's cute, but it would be nice if she'd go curl up and sleep for awhile. I don't have time to follow her around the house trying to avoid destruction. Puss sleeps almost all day, plays for a while in the evening, and then goes out all night.

Little Puss is somewhat destructive. She has already attacked some curtains, pulls on the rug on the stairs, and has tried to climb Ryan's leg... BARE leg. I'm used to my calm, collected cat just meandering through the house without a peep. He's more interested in finding a place to nap than he is about the curtains.

Anyway, Little Puss may have found a new home today - and I'll be sort of sad to see her go. She is very cuddly and adorable, and in her defense, she uses the litter box.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health