Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


It's quiet and slow at work today, so I thought I would check out some blogs. I started off at a blog I check frequently... the artwork of my niece Emily... and then just kept clicking the "Next Blog" button until I came upon something I liked. I'm not as eloquent a writer as some of those I found today, but was inspired none-the-less to write a little bit about what I've been personally thinking about in the last while.

To start, I have been thinking about how awful a condition Arthritis is. Now that I've been feeling the same symptoms as those with Arthritis due to my Parvovirus, I feel compelled to look into helping fund research to cure it. It is a terrible feeling. When it's cold outside, my knees, ankles and wrists ache. When it's hot and humid outside, it's agony. And to think that there are those who deal with this for their entire lives... I'm praying for a cure for you. Someday, there will be a cure! If you are interested in helping find a cure for Arthritis too, you can start by helping sponsor my cousin Lindsay as she "Runs for the Cure".

There may be more like this to come, but for now, I'm signing off.

4 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Tannis

    Odd that Lindsay is my cousin too...or technically her mom is, and I can't believe she's running another marathon. I've seen Jer's mom deal with her arthritis and I agree, it's pretty awful. She's been able to dramatically control lots of the symptoms with serious diet changes and go off the heavy meds which is totally amazing. She'd love to get the word out but it's frustrating when her own doctors won't even admit the evidence. Clearly diet changes sell fewer drugs and don't qualify under the hippocratic oath somehow. Sadly it doesn't give me much hope that researchers are looking in the right places for solutions.  

  2. # Blogger Erin

    Good thoughts on Arthritis. It is important to be reminded about the things that some live with every day of their lives. It puts my own little discomforts in perspective.

    I enjoyed browsing your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine.  

  3. # Blogger Heather

    Erin - thanks for stopping by!

    Tannis - Admittedly, I have not done a lot of research in this area, but I'm going to look into it. I like your perspective, and I'm going to see what I can find in regards to Arthritis and diet. I am definately one to find ways to deal with pain/illness without drugs. In fact, I'm going to be trying bee pollen as a means to boost my immune system, and possibly chase this virus out of my system. I haven't found the right thing yet, but I'll let you know how it works.  

  4. # Blogger Lindsay

    Hey, girls!

    Tannis, I'd love to hear more about what's worked for Jer's mom. I'm just coming off an extreme detox diet my herbalist recommended to me, and I'm always interested in hearing about what's worked for others - solutions other than just popping the scary meds like I've done since I was little.

    I was at a great presentation given by Dr. Hani El-Gabalawy in Winnipeg last fall when he was named Chair of the new Rheumatology Research Department shared between the U of M and HSC. It was so encouraging to hear about what researchers are learning and the advances that have been made even in the last couple of years. Gives me some hope that I won't live like this forever :)

    L  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health