Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


This is the sad state of our BBQ after an "incident" this weekend. This BBQ was given to me by my grandma when I moved into my apartment four years ago. It wasn't new, but it's always been in good shape - and has served us well. This summer, however, the burner seemed to have rusted through, and was burning our food. So Ryan decided to replace it. He measured everything, and took every precaution to ensure that the new burner was the right thing. He put it in on Friday, and when I got home from work at 5:00 he told me that he had turned it onto the low setting, and that I should let it burn for a half hour before using it. I totally ignored it until 5:30, and then went out to throw some weiners on the grill. To my dismay, there were flames shooting up the side of the BBQ from behind the control panel. I was freaked out, and Ryan wasn't around, but I had to shut it off. Anyone watching this would have found the scene quite hilarious. It was way to hot to try and turn it off with my bare hands, so I ran inside and put on the oven mits. I made my way back out the BBQ, and while hunched down close to the ground, and staying as close to the back door as possible, I reach out to turn off the burners. I turn one side off successfully, but as I reached for the second knob the entire control panel fell off the front of the BBQ! The metal that held the screws in place had totally melted! I was able to turn it off anyway, and then turn off the propane tank. This picture shows what was left! We are going to send the pictures to the company, and see what they have to say about it.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health