Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Well, goodness, sometimes God just puts you in a position you never thought you'd be in.

Last night was a pretty typical night, I had just come home from Winnipeg with my dad and my brother - who lovingly took me out for supper to celebrate my birthday. My mom was away all weekend, and Ryan had just left yesterday morning for Ontario with his cousin Jer. So I was all on my own! We pulled into town just after 8:00p.m., and we saw some cars on the diversion bridge. (The diversion bridge is a second bridge in place on the 205 as you head west out of town, which spans... you guessed it... the flood diversion). My dad asked what was up, and Matt explained that kids jump off the bridge into the water, and swim. We said, "let's go check it out". We pulled up onto the bridge slowly, because there was a car parked in our lane, and kids running all over the bridge. One girl on a cell phone yelled at us "STOP! Help us!". Before I knew what was going on, I was up and out of my car like a flash. I ran to the car parked on the bridge, praying "Oh Lord, prepare me for this". The car was crushed, and smoke was billowing into it. The airbags had gone off, and the car was still idling. One young girl was kneeling next to the car, and she said, "I'm just praying, I don't know what to do". The driver side door was open, and I looked inside - it was an elderly lady from our community - 92 years old, and still driving. I checked for a pulse, and felt a faint one. Not knowing CPR - or if I should even move her - I just held her hand and talked to her for awhile. I told her who I was. I told her she would be okay. I told her help was coming, and that I wouldn't leave her until they got there. And then she passed away. I couldn't feel a pulse anymore. It was quiet and peaceful, and she went to be with God. So that was how I spent the evening of my 24th birthday, and I don't think I shall ever forget it. My heart goes out to her family and friends, and my prayer is that they know that she left the world peacefully, with someone holding her hand.

4 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Jason

    Wow, that put a damper on my day. I'm sorry you had to go through that.  

  2. # Blogger Heather

    No need to feel down Jason. Although I'd never say it was a good time - it ended with peace, and that's all anyone could really ask for. In many ways, this lady had her prayers answered, and for that I am thankful.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Heather. I really liked your story. God used you as an angel for that elderly lady. If everyone could pass on with someone holding their hand. God bless you  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Heather. I really liked your story. God used you as an angel for that elderly lady. If everyone could pass on with someone holding their hand. God bless you  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health