Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


Well, I'd better stick to my word and keep this site updated. With all the excitement of the new baby, I usually have more to post about pregnancy these days than anything else. But, I'd like to keep the baby issue somewhat separate (as much as possible) from Plett Life.

What have we been up to lately? Well, last weekend was awesome. On Friday evening we had buffet Chinese for supper with Brent, Terrilee and Emery (it's almost becoming a tradition). On Saturday we vegged out most of the morning, while doing a little clean up here and there. I actually took time to sit down with a cup of hot tea by the Christmas tree and read a chapter of "The Purpose Driven Life". I don't know that I had read much of it since last winter! In the late afternoon our friends Rick & Lori came down for supper - sweet & sour meatballs with rice. After dinner we cracked a bottle of wine (okay, they cracked open the wine) and a few rounds of Jenga were played, followed by some Texas Hold 'Em. They stayed the night, and we enjoyed a simple Sunday breakfast with them before they hit the road, and we headed off for church. The afternoon and evening followed the relaxed theme for the weekend, with my brother Matt joining for the Finale of Survivor in the evening.

This week the Finale of two of my fave shows were on. Survivor and The Amazing Race both capped off this week, and I was not disappointed. On Survivor, I was (at the end) cheering whole-heartedly for Danni who ended up winning the million. On The Amazing Race I was a little more torn, but the people I DIDN'T want to win didn't. Now Ryan and I are both looking forward to the start of our fave winter series - 24.

The weekend coming up will also be busy for us. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, where we will likely get to hear the heartbeat of our little miracle. On Saturday we are off to my uncle and aunt's new home near Selkirk for a family gathering. Ooh, I better not forget to bring veggies and dip. On Sunday is the Plett gathering at Ryan's uncle and aunt's place - just walking distance from our place. I'm really looking forward to a weekend packed with family and friends! Not to mention that I just love Christmas gatherings - mostly because of all the great food! Just kidding.

Sorry that this post contains no photos. I've been neglecting the camera a little this week. I promise some photos from the weekend though. Maybe I'll get Ryan to snap a few at the doctor tomorrow too.

1 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Ang

    Could you please take a pic of Billy and Gina if you remember? I'm wondering how much they've grown.  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health