Action Packed Plett Life

Welcome to a day in the lives of our little Plett family...


I know a few of you faithful "Action-Packed" readers have asked where my trip report from Powell River is staying. It is not as though I have nothing to say about my trip out there, in fact, the probem is that I have too much to say about it. I also have a lot of emotions that are stirred when I think about my trip to Powell River, and even as I type I get rather choked up, but I'm going to try today.

There is something life changing about looking into the eyes of a child and seeing their pure admiration for you. I thought I was going to Powell River last week to see my new nephew, and to spend quality time with my sister-in-law, Ang. I was able to do both these things, but the most meaningful moments of my trip were the times I was able to spend with my niece Emily. She was a blast, and she possibly made me feel like I was the most important person in her life (barring her parents of course). Everywhere we went, she would point things out to show me. She could hardly wait to let me use her bed, and we camped out all week long. She would wake me up every morning, and even a couple of times in the middle of the night just to talk to me. We were late for her swimming lesson one day, and when I said I'd stay behind with the baby, she wouldn't hear of it. She just had to show me how well she could swim. She even invited friends over to see me! I don't think I could possibly love that little girl more. She made my world. I can only hope and pray that I will always be a person that is worthy of her admiration, and that my life will lead an acceptable path for her to follow. The day I left, we were driving to the airport, listening to Dido and the song "Don't Leave Home". As the song played on, Emily piped up from the backseat, "This is a good song for today because Heather is leaving home". I'm going to miss her so incredibly much.

1 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Jeremy

    That Dido song is pretty sweet pop. It isn't that different from most of the radio junk, but for some reason I can't dislike her.

    A note about posting popular songs like this -- you run the risk of it getting picked up on mp3 searches, which will send thousands people to the ol' Country Graphics site for downloading. You don't want to suddenly run out of bandwidth and have your host shut down the site. It would probably take a while, but you might want to keep an eye on it...  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


The WeatherPixie Website Counter
Free Site Counter XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Action Packed Plett Life | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health